Mom's Fried Apples
Mom made these for me often while I was growing up. The recipe is very dear to me.Margie Tappe, Prague, Oklahoma
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 6 medium unpeeled tart red apples, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add apples and 1/2 cup sugar; stir to
- mix well. Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until
- apples are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add cinnamon and remaining sugar. Cook and stir over medium-high heat
- for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 235 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, trace protein.