- In a microwave, melt vanilla chips; stir until smooth. Set aside to
- cool slightly. In a small bowl, combine topping mix and milk. Beat
- on high speed for 2 minutes or until thickened. Beat in jam and
- melted chips until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or
- until frosting achieves a spreading consistency.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup frosting with
- strawberries and pineapple. Place one cake layer on a serving plate;
- spread with filling. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and
- sides of cake with remaining frosting. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 502 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.