Mom's Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe
Green pepper and celery add crunch to this well-flavored and creamy classic sandwich while fresh tomatoes and lettuce lend a splash of color. Tirzah Lujan or Wichita Falls, Texas shares this recipe for her mom's favorite sandwich.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 12 slices white bread
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Stir in the eggs, green pepper, celery, onion, pimientos and parsley.
- 2. On six slices of bread, layer lettuce, tomato and 1/2 cup egg salad. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC