Mom's Easy Bean Bake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups dried great northern beans (about 1 pound)
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 small onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Sort beans and rinse with cold water. Place beans in a large saucepan; add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 to 4 hours or until beans are softened. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid.
- 2. Return beans to pan. Cover with fresh water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until beans are tender.
- 3. Drain, reserving liquid. Combine beans, 1 cup liquid and remaining ingredients in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until beans are tender, stirring occasionally (add additional reserved liquid if needed). Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 348 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 10g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Mom's Easy Bean Bake
"I followed the recipe exactly and it was yummy. If you like sweet baked beans, this is the recipe for you."