Year-round, our family always goes for this crisp, refreshing salad. With a tangy vinegar and oil dressing., it has wonderful homemade flavor. When Mom made it years ago for our family of seven, it was rare to have leftovers.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, carrots and celery seed. Place the
- remaining ingredients in a blender; cover and process until
- combined. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 262 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.