Year-round, our family always goes for this crisp, refreshing salad. With a tangy vinegar and oil dressing., it has wonderful homemade flavor. When Mom made it years ago for our family of seven, it was rare to have leftovers.
- 1 large head cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage, carrots and celery seed. Place the remaining ingredients in a blender; cover and process until combined. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Coleslaw in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p35
Reviews for Mom's Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review