- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut.
- Shape into two 3-1/2-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Unwrap and cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mom's Coconut Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p92
Reviews for Mom's Coconut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2010
"Tasty, not too strong of a coconut flavor. Nice variety for a cookie tray."