- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut.
- Shape into two 3-1/2-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Unwrap and cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mom's Coconut Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p92
Reviews for Mom's Coconut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2010
Tasty, not too strong of a coconut flavor. Nice variety for a cookie tray.