Mom's Cinnamon-Apple Crisp Recipe
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Combine the apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; dot with butter.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg in another large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg just until moistened; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Cinnamon-Apple Crisp(4)
Sort By :
Added additional cinnamon to apples as well as topping. Vanilla bean ice cream and Carmel topping when serving...yum!
Délicieux. Tout le monde a adoré.
This was easy to make and soooo delicious!
I've never really had a crisp that did not contain oats in the topping. This topping was not like a biscuit cobbler, but was somewhat crumbly. I used Granny Smith and it was really good!