Mom's Cinnamon-Apple Crisp Recipe
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Combine the apples, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; dot with butter.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg in another large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg just until moistened; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Cinnamon-Apple Crisp
Sort By :
"Awesome, My boyfriend loved it!! Super easy to make and oh so yummy. Made it exact to the directions stated."
"Made this exactly as written and it came out great! Nice, quick dessert recipe to make on a weeknight, and perfect to use up some of those fresh apples from the apple orchard!"
"This is a very nice go to quick recipe. I did use more apples and I precooked them for a few minutes before completing the recipe. I cut back on the butter and I made just 1/2 of the recipe. Perfect for 2 *Janie"
"Everyone who tried this crisp loved it! It disappeared very quickly! Delicious and easy to make."
"I made this tonight. It was amazing! My son helped make it and he actually ate it and loved it!! He's 4 and is a very picky eater!"