- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add pudding mix, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies
"this was a good quick cookie to make"
"I don't think these are the best cookies I've ever had, but they are pretty good! I think this recipe is a good base for me to then work around, adding and subtracting things that I like. Next time I may add in some cinnamon, use dark chocolate chips. Maybe even change the pudding to a different flavor. Good decent recipe!"
"Very good. I like the cake-like texture."
"Soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies. Doesn't get much better then that. These are delicious."
"Cookies were tasty, but I did not like their appearance. i would recommend lightly spraying baking sheets with Pam. 10 minutes baking time was WAY too long in my oven! 7-8 minutes was plenty. Cookies were very flat, fragile and had to be removed from pan very gently. I'm afraid I won't be making these again..."
"Wow!! These cookies are out of this world! Out of all the chocolate chip cookies I have made in the past, these are definitely the best. I highly recommend everyone to make these. You won't be disappointed. Very easy to make, too!"
"These were very bland considering they have both vanilla extract and vanilla pudding in them. I even used 1/2 teaspoon of salt."
"My family and co-workers love these cookies! These are my families all time favorite chocolate chip cookies now. I will have to try the white choc chips and toffee bits next time. Sounds so good. Thanks for sharing."
"A great tasting cookie! Stayed soft and chewy till the last cookie was gone!"
"Excellent flavor and perfect texture. Top notch recipe."