- In a bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Beat in egg yolks and
- chocolate mixture. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and
- salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Gradually
- beat in water, nuts and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; fold into
- batter. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center
- comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- In a bowl, cream butter. Combine sugar and cocoa; gradually add to
- butter with vanilla, salt and enough milk to achieve desired
- spreading consistency. Frost cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 445 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.