Mom's Chinese Dish Recipe
Recently when I was looking for a different pork dish, I remember this family favorite that was accidentally filed away. Now it's back on our menus...much to my family's delight.
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large green or sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 3 celery ribs, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- Hot rice or chow mein noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towel to drain. Cut pork into 3-in. x 1/2-in. strips. In the bacon drippings, stir-fry pork and garlic over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, ginger and pepper. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add green pepper, onion and celery; stir-fry over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and bacon; heat through. Serve over rice or chow mein noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Chinese Dish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC