Mom's Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried thyme, parsley flakes and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in remaining oil. Stir in tomato paste until combined. Gradually add water and wine or broth. Stir in the thyme, parsley, oregano, allspice and remaining salt. Return chicken to the pan.
- 3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with spaghetti if desired Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 494 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1018mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 44g protein .
Reviews for Mom's Chicken Cacciatore
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.