- to a boil; skim foam from broth. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 1-1/2 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken; when cool
- enough to handle, debone and dice. Strain broth, reserving broth and
- In the same pot, melt butter. Stir in flour, paprika and pepper until
- smooth. Gradually stir in 6 cups reserved broth (save remaining
- broth for another use). Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2
- minutes. Reduce heat; stir in the cream, reserved vegetables and
- chicken. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce the heat to simmer.
- For dumplings, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a
- bowl. Combine eggs, buttermilk and butter; stir into dry ingredients
- to form a stiff batter.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering mixture. Cover and simmer 20
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean
- (do not lift cover while simmering). Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 614 calories, 32 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 201 mg cholesterol, 1,059 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.