Mom's Buttermilk Biscuits
These fluffy biscuits are so tasty served warm, slathered with butter or used to mop up every last drop of gravy off you plate. I can still see Mom pulling these tender biscuits out of the oven.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder,
- baking soda and salt; cut in shortening until the mixture resembles
- coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk; knead dough gently. roll out to
- 1/2-in thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter and place on
- a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden
- brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 142 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.