Mom's Broccoli Casserole
Mother always made this hot dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas and other special family dinners. When my sisters and I plan a dinner, this dish is still on the menu. I've tried many broccoli casseroles over the years, but none are quite as good as Mom's. Beth Osborne Skinner, Bristol, Tennessee
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup crushed cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Prepare broccoli according to package directions; drain. In a bowl,
- combine the soup, mayonnaise, cheese, eggs and onion. Stir in
- broccoli. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the
- cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 468 calories, 42 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 788 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.