Mother always made this hot dish for Thanksgiving, Christmas and other special family dinners. When my sisters and I plan a dinner, this dish is still on the menu. I've tried many broccoli casseroles over the years, but none are quite as good as Mom's.— Beth Osborne Skinner, Bristol, Tennessee
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup crushed cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Prepare broccoli according to package directions; drain. In a bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, cheese, eggs and onion. Stir in broccoli. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Broccoli Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p232
Reviews for Mom's Broccoli Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review