This is no ordinary meat loaf - the recipe is so good it's been passed down in our family for three generations. The zesty seasoning gives the flavor a spark. I remember Mom's delicious meals. She loved to serve this meat loaf. -Linda Nilsen, Anoka, Minnesota
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- Additional ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Drizzle top of loaf with ketchup; bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Best Meat Loaf in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p37
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mom's Best Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review