Mom's Best Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- Additional ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Drizzle top of loaf with ketchup; bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mom's Best Meat Loaf
Sort By :
This is a good and unique tasting meatloaf, but I am going to keep searching.
Very good. We all love it.
I have been using this recipe for several years. I LOVE IT! No one else's meatloaf ever compares and when I tell people what is in it they think I'm crazy until they try it. I have shared this with so many wives and new brides!
My family & I love this meat loaf. The first time I made it was in 1995 & I have made it many times since then. I double the recipe & freeze one. It is the best. Pastagrammie.
This is one of those "keeper" recipes that you keep making over and over again and you never look for any other and somewho it becomes well known as "your" best meat loaf.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >