Mom's Best Coleslaw
My Mom created this recipe when I was a child, and I tweaked it a bit to my liking. It's the only coleslaw I will eat.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots and peppers. In a small
- bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, celery seed
- and salt. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Chill until
- serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 65 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.