Mom's Bean Medley Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, green pepper and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano and garlic powder; shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Stir in mayonnaise. Add tomato; toss gently. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 249 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Mom's Bean Medley
"We really enjoy this salad. It's quick to put together, but the marinating time is worth the wait for the flavors to really blend. The oregano is what makes this dish so delicious."