Pinto, garbanzo, green and wax beans star in this snappy marinated salad. For a taste twist, Mom added tomatoes and mayonnaise to the colorful combination. -Cris O'Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Recommended: 20 Favorite Thanksgiving Sides
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, green pepper and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, oregano and garlic powder; shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Stir in mayonnaise. Add tomato; toss gently. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Bean Medley in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p35
Reviews for Mom's Bean Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review