Mom's Apple Crisp Recipe
Mom found this recipe in a bridal book years ago, and it soon became a family favorite. With tender juicy apples and a hint of cinnamon, it is yummy served plain or with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream.
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples, pressing down to smooth top.
- 3. Slowly pour water over the top; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 318 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 314 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Mom's Apple Crisp
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC