Mom found this recipe in a bridal book years ago, and it soon became a family favorite. With tender juicy apples and a hint of cinnamon, it is yummy served plain or with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream.
- 5 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples, pressing down to smooth top.
- Slowly pour water over the top; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mom's Apple Crisp in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p35
Reviews for Mom's Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review