- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Combine the almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide in
- half. Roll each half into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Spread butter
- over rectangles to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with almond
- mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch
- seams to seal.
- Place each portion seam side down on a greased baking sheet; pinch
- ends together to form a ring. With scissors, cut from outside edge
- to two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-1/2-in.
- intervals. Separate strips slightly; twist to allow filling to show.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Combine the
- confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla; drizzle over rings. Yield: 2
- rings (10 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 350 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.