- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups A to Z ingredients (choose from list below)
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- A TO Z INGREDIENTS:
- Apples, peeled and shredded
- Apricots (dried), chopped
- Banana (ripe), mashed
- Carrot, shredded
- Dates, pitted and chopped
- Figs (dried), chopped
- Grapes (seedless), chopped
- Oranges, peeled and chopped
- Peaches, peeled and chopped
- Pears, peeled and chopped
- Pineapple (canned), crushed and drained
- Dried plums, pitted and chopped
- Pumpkin, canned
- Raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Rhubarb, chopped fresh or frozen
- Strawberries, fresh or frozen
- Sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- Zucchini, peeled and shredded
- Combine the sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in A to Z ingredients of your choice and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; stir into liquid ingredients just until moistened. Stir in walnuts. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Mom's A-to-Z Bread
Sort By :
"Used strawberries, raspberries, banana,coconut and a sprinkle of chocolate chips and made them into muffins. They were moist and flavorful"
"This is always excellent and I haven't found a combo that hasn't worked for me. I find myself going to this recipe first."
"I made this when my children were little and they loved it! Lost the recipe and was extremely happy when I found it on the website! My young adults are waiting at the counter for the loaf to cool as I write. Thanks Taste of Home!"
"I used 1-1/2 c. of chopped dates instead of 2 from the A-Z group. The bread did not rise enough, and the dates sunk to the bottom resulting in a dense bread. I will make again, but will use something that will add some moisture to it instead of taking it away. It is still a very tasty bread."
"Moist and delicious"