Molten Peppermint-Chocolate Cakes Recipe
I doctored up a recipe I found in the newspaper years ago. When you see the gooey chocolate dripping out, you know you're in for an awesome dessert. —Genise Krause, Sturgeon Bay, WI
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a small heavy saucepan, heat butter and chocolate over low heat until blended, stirring constantly; transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Add eggs, egg yolks, sugar, extract and salt to chocolate mixture; mix well. Stir in flour. Pour into four greased 6-oz. custard cups or ramekins.
- 3. Place custard cups on a baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and edges of cakes are set.
- 4. Remove from oven; let stand 1 minute. Run a knife around sides of cakes; remove to dessert plates. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 509 calories, 40 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 268 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC