I doctored up a recipe I found in the newspaper years ago. When you see the gooey chocolate dripping out, you know you're in for an awesome dessert. —Genise Krause, Sturgeon Bay, WI
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small heavy saucepan, heat butter and chocolate over low heat until blended, stirring constantly; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add eggs, egg yolks, sugar, extract and salt to chocolate mixture; mix well. Stir in flour. Pour into four greased 6-oz. custard cups or ramekins.
- Place custard cups on a baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and edges of cakes are set.
- Remove from oven; let stand 1 minute. Run a knife around sides of cakes; remove to dessert plates. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Molten Peppermint-Chocolate Cakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p65
Reviews for Molten Peppermint-Chocolate Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review