- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small heavy saucepan, heat butter and chocolate over low heat until blended, stirring constantly; transfer to a large bowl.
- Add eggs, egg yolks, sugar, extract and salt to chocolate mixture; mix well. Stir in flour. Pour into four greased 6-oz. custard cups or ramekins.
- Place custard cups on a baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and edges of cake are set.
- Remove from oven; let stand 1 minute. Run a knife around sides of cakes; remove to dessert plates. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Molten Peppermint-Chocolate Cakes
Sort By :
Well that hit the chocolate craving spot like no other. I did a few things differently. For one, I left out the peppermint extract because I didn't want to mess with pure chocolate. So yeah, totally different. I added vanilla extract instead. I didn't have bittersweet chocolate so I used 2/3 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips. I also didn't have the right size ramekins so I baked it in slightly larger custard cups and cut the cooking time down to eight minutes, which was perfect. It might just require some experimenting with what you have.