- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries or sliced fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, coffee granules and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture.
- Transfer to greased 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. If desired, serve warm cake with berries and ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Molten Mocha Cake
"We really liked this recipe. I made the mistake of leaving the leftover in the crock and put in the refrigerator. The next day I couldn't get it out of the crock without a lot of work. Oops! Will definite make it again and wll put the leftovers in a proper storage container."
"Very nice especially on a busy, cold day. To klandrews84-you obviously neglected to actually read the entirety of what KACsMom wrote. She couldn't ask the question without a rating. (She even apologized.) And many folks don't skip recipes with low ratings. In my experience,a low rating may sometimes simply be the result of an ignorant person's inability to follow a recipe. Or the reviewer just plain doesn't like flavor of the ingredients but made the dish anyway. To KACsMom: there are several similar recipes online that you can bake in the oven. I believe TOH has some here on their site. Good luck! (If you ever do get a slow-cooker, you won't regret it. It is a kitchen workhorse.)"
"Why would you give a recipe 1 star if you haven't made it!!!! People skip through recipes with low ratings!!"
"Loved by all!"
"This cake was delicious. We topped ours with whipped cream. But it's so rich and moist it doesn't require any topping. I didn't think the mocha taste was overpowering, which was perfect for my kids."