- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries or sliced fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, coffee granules and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture.
- Transfer to greased 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. If desired, serve warm cake with berries and ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Molten Mocha Cake
Sort By :
"Loved by all!"
"This cake was delicious. We topped ours with whipped cream. But it's so rich and moist it doesn't require any topping. I didn't think the mocha taste was overpowering, which was perfect for my kids."
"Love this recipe. I made it exactly as the recipe calls except I omitted the coffee. I make it when I need something fast, easy and chocolate. My family loves it."
"I don't have a slow cooker. Has anyone baked this in the oven? What temperature and time do you recommend? Sorry about the one star, I couldn't submit the question without a rating..."