Cinnamon-spiced cherries make these gooey chocolate cakes even more irresistible. Refrigerate the extra sauce and drizzle it over ice cream later in the week.—Ki Russell, Greeley, Colorado
Featured In: Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed, undrained
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cherry brandy
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut cherries in half; place cherries and their juices in a large saucepan. Add 1/2 cup sugar, cherry brandy and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Using a slotted spoon, remove 1/4 cup cherries; chop and set aside.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt butter and chocolates; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks and remaining sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in cocoa and flour until well blended. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture. Fold in chopped cherries.
- Transfer to six greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake 15-17 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160° and sides of cakes are set.
- Remove from oven and let stand 1 minute. Run a knife around edges of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately with warm cherry sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Molten Chocolate Cherry Cakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p115
Reviews for Molten Chocolate Cherry Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review