If you know a chocolate lover, here's a delectable way to make his or her dreams come true. Set one of these yummy oh-so-chocolaty cakes in front of them. The whole family loves the rich syrupy center inside these cakes.—Deanna Kymer, Broomfield, Colorado
Recommended: Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 5 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Add the eggs, egg yolks and confectioners' sugar; mix well. Stir in flour until blended. Pour into eight greased 6-oz. custard cups.
- Place custard cups on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 15-16 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°. Remove from the oven and let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around edges of cups; invert onto dessert plates. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Molten Chocolate Cakes in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p8
Reviews for Molten Chocolate Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2014
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2013
"This recipe is sure to please anyone whose craving chocolate, sponge like moist cake with a hot gooey center! Simply Delicious & quick and easy to make! Thank you."