Molten Chocolate Cakes with Mint Fudge Sauce
The perfect accompaniment to a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream, my Molten Chocolate Cakes feature my signature mint sauce. Ice cream, chocolate cake and mint fudge sauce—it's the triple threat of desserts. —Diane Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1-1/4 cups unsalted butter, cubed
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 8 egg yolks
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- CHOCOLATE MINT SAUCE:
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt butter and
- chocolate; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg
- yolks and confectioners' sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat
- in flour until well blended. Gradually beat in butter mixture.
- Transfer to eight greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place
- ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 15-17 minutes or
- until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160° and
- sides of cakes are set.