Molten Chocolate Cakes with Mint Fudge Sauce Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups unsalted butter, cubed
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 8 egg yolks
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- CHOCOLATE MINT SAUCE:
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks and confectioners' sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in flour until well blended. Gradually beat in butter mixture.
- Transfer to eight greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 15-17 minutes or until a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160° and sides of cakes are set.
- Meanwhile, in a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolates; stir until smooth. Whisk in the hot water, corn syrup and extract; remove and keep warm.
- Remove cakes from the oven and let stand for 1 minute. Run a knife around edges of ramekins; invert onto dessert plates. Serve with warm chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Molten Chocolate Cakes with Mint Fudge Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p68
Reviews for Molten Chocolate Cakes with Mint Fudge Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review