- time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sweet potatoes,
- wine, lemon juice and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, orange peel, baking soda, baking
- powder, salt and spices; gradually beat into sweet potato mixture.
- Gently fold in apple, cranberries, carrots and raisins.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 45-55 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes
- before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 12 servings.
Editor’s Note: For easier removal of cakes, use solid shortening to grease plain and fluted tube pans.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 309 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.