I jazzed up a corn recipe with some spicy seasoning to create this offering for a Mexican potluck. Everyone liked it so much that now it's all I'm ever asked to bring. The bright mix of colors makes it attractive for most any occasion.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 jars (4 ounces each) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Cover and cook over
- medium heat for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 138 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 208 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.