Molly's Mexicorn Recipe
- 6 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 jars (4 ounces each) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 138 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Molly's Mexicorn
"I cut this recipe in half and used 1/3 cup diced fresh tomatoes vs. sliced pimientos. I also used 1/3 cup diced green pepper and eliminated the green onions (allergy). I was hesitant on how this would come out but I was happily surprised. We will make this again as this is the perfect side dish for Mexican dishes."
"This is a quick,delicious side dish. Everyone loved it!"