Mole Poblano de Guajolote
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 1 hour + standing
- 1 turkey (8 to 10 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup lard
- 4 cups Mole Poblano (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Pat turkey dry. Cut off wings; discard or save for another use. Cut
- off legs; separate drumsticks from thighs. Cut the breast into
- quarters. Sprinkle all sides of turkey pieces with salt. In a Dutch
- oven or large heavy skillet, melt lard. Cook turkey pieces in
- batches over medium heat until browned on all sides. Remove and keep
- Drain pan drippings. Return turkey to Dutch oven. Pour mole over the
- top; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or
- until a meat thermometer reads 180°.
- Remove turkey to a cutting board; cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut turkey into 1/4-in. slices if desired. Arrange turkey slices or
- pieces in a deep serving dish; drizzle with mole. Sprinkle with
- sesame seeds. Yield: 6-8 servings.