- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together the next six ingredients. Gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until bottoms are lightly browned, 12-15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool 5 minutes. Roll in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool completely.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mole New Mexican Wedding Cookies
"Adding mini chocolate chips is not a new addition for me as that is what I usually do for Wedding Cookies; however, the addition of chili powder definitely makes this a unique cookie. I usually do not say this; however, these cookies need to be a tad sweeter so I will up the powdered sugar just a tad next time. Usually I'm the one reducing the sugar!"
"I had the chance to make these cookies yesterday! I sampled one and it was delicious! The only change: I added 1/4 tsp. salt to dry ingredients. Thank you, Marla Clark, for this recipe! It's a keeper!"