Molded Vegetable Salad
I FOUND this recipe years ago in an old cookbook. By using different colored gelatins, it blends in well with special holiday dinners.
Of course, I use lime for our St. Patrick's Day celebration. Whatever the holiday, this salad is a big hit and there's seldom any leftover.
-Pauline Albert, Catasauqua, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup thinly shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 4 teaspoons grated onion
- Dash pepper
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin and salt if desired in boiling water. Add
- the cold water and vinegar. Chill until partially set. Fold in
- remaining ingredients. Pour into a 4-cup mold that has been lightly
- coated with cooking spray. Chill until firm. Unmold onto a serving
- platter. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with sugar-free gelatin and without salt) equals 38 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable.