Molded Strawberry Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Leaf lettuce and fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add strawberries and pineapple. Strain, reserving liquid and fruit. Set aside 1 cup of the liquid at room temperature.
- Pour fruit and remaining liquid into a 5-cup ring mold or 9-in. square pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Whisk sour cream and reserved liquid; pour over top of gelatin. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- Cut into squares and place on individual plates; or unmold onto a serving platter. Garnish with lettuce and strawberries if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Molded Strawberry Salad
Sort By :
"this salad is super yummy! it is not overly sweet like some jello salads. every-time I bring it places people are asking for the recipe, this one is a keeper. making it for thanksgiving tomorrow as it trumps the cranberry jello of the past in my family!"