I usually make this recipe for parties and family gatherings. It never lasts long, because folks go straight for it.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- Lettuce leaves and additional shrimp, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a saucepan, heat soup and cream cheese over medium heat until cheese is melted, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 40 seconds; stir. Let stand for 2 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir the gelatin mixture, celery, mayonnaise, lemon juice and onions into soup mixture. Fold in shrimp.
- Pour into a 5-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or until set.
- Invert onto a serving plate. Fill center with lettuce and shrimp if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Molded Shrimp Spread in Country December/January 2002, p51
Reviews for Molded Shrimp Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review