For folks who don't care for cranberry sauce, consider serving this pleasant peach mold at your Thanksgiving dinner. It's convenient do-ahead dish when preparing for a busy day.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- Drain peaches, reserving juice; add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. Place peaches in a blender. Cover and process until smooth; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, nutmeg and reserved juice mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in the peach puree.
- Pour into a 3-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Just before serving, unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Molded Peach Gelatin in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p129
Reviews for Molded Peach Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2014
"Very good. I'm gonna make this for Thanksgiving."