For folks who don't care for cranberry sauce, consider serving this pleasant peach mold at your Thanksgiving dinner. It's convenient do-ahead dish when preparing for a busy day.
Featured In: Who Knew You Could Do That with Jello?
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- Drain peaches, reserving juice; add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. Place peaches in a blender. Cover and process until smooth; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, nutmeg and reserved juice mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in the peach puree.
- Pour into a 3-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Just before serving, unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Molded Peach Gelatin in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p129
Reviews for Molded Peach Gelatin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review