Molded Egg Salad Recipe
Meet the Cook: Whenever I have company, I like to be able to just pop the food on the table. So this recipe's a real favorite of mine. I got it from a friend who made it for our church get-togethers. My husband and I raised four children; today, we have seven grandchildren. In our small town, farmland surrounds us on three sides, and we face the Columbia River on the other. -Lois Chapman, Ridgefield, Washington
- 3 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 12 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced fully cooked ham, optional
- 1. In a medium saucepan, soften gelatin in water for 5 minutes. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Whisk in mayonnaise. Stir in eggs. Add celery, red pepper, onions, relish, salt and pepper; mix well. Pour into a 8-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Chill overnight.
- 3. Unmold onto a serving platter. If desired, use ham as a garnish around the sides of the mold, or place several pieces in the center if using a ring mold. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 441 calories, 42 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 270 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Molded Egg Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC