Molded Cranberry Salad
To create this pretty salad mold, Jill combines the extra spiced cranberry sauce with fresh fruit, and some celery and nuts for crunch. "This dish is great with leftover turkey sandwiches," she remarks.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups chilled cranberry juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups Sugar 'n' Spice Cranberries
- 1 small apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, optional
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery, optional
- In a large saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over the cranberry juice; let
- stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is
- completely dissolved. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add the
- cranberries, apple, orange, grapes, walnuts and celery if desired.
- Pour into an 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate
- until set. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 8-10 servings.