Molded Cranberry-Orange Salad Recipe
I take this dish to potlucks during the holidays. People always ooh and aah. Feel free to sub whipped cream for the celery curl garnish. —Carol Mead, Los Alamos, New Mexico
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup cold water, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, divided
- 2 medium apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1. In a large bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1 tablespoon cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add boiling water and raspberry gelatin; stir for 2 minutes to completely dissolve gelatin. Stir in remaining cold water.
- 2. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Place 2-1/3 cups cranberries, apples and orange in a food processor; pulse until chopped. Transfer to a bowl; stir in sugar. Stir into thickened gelatin. Fold in the walnuts, celery and remaining whole cranberries.
- 4. Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan or 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until firm. Unmold onto a platter. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC