I take this dish to potlucks during the holidays. People always ooh and aah. Feel free to sub whipped cream for the celery curl garnish. —Carol Mead, Los Alamos, New Mexico
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup cold water, divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, divided
- 2 medium apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- In a large bowl, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1 tablespoon cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add boiling water and raspberry gelatin; stir for 2 minutes to completely dissolve gelatin. Stir in remaining cold water.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until thickened.
- Place 2-1/3 cups cranberries, apples and orange in a food processor; pulse until chopped. Transfer to a bowl; stir in sugar. Stir into thickened gelatin. Fold in the walnuts, celery and remaining whole cranberries.
- Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan or 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until firm. Unmold onto a platter. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Molded Cranberry-Orange Salad in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p108
Reviews for Molded Cranberry-Orange Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review