We try lots of cranberry recipes, and this one is always requested when we have family get-togethers at Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's also been a favorite dish at every church potluck I've taken it to!
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 4 cups (16 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine or cranberry juice
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Celery leaves
- Soften unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup water; set aside. In 3-qt. saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and wine or cranberry juice; heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add lemon gelatin and softened unflavored gelatin; stir until dissolved. Stir in remaining water. Chill until mixture is partially set. Fold in celery and walnuts. Pour into greased 8-cup mold; cover and chill until set. Meanwhile, combine sour cream and mayonnaise; refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, unmold gelatin and top each serving with dollop of dressing. Garnish with celery leaves. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Molded Cranberry Nut Salad in Country December/January 1991, p49
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Molded Cranberry Nut Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review