- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 4 cups (16 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine or cranberry juice
- 1 package (6 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Celery leaves
- Soften unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup water; set aside. In 3-qt. saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and wine or cranberry juice; heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add lemon gelatin and softened unflavored gelatin; stir until dissolved. Stir in remaining water. Chill until mixture is partially set. Fold in celery and walnuts. Pour into greased 8-cup mold; cover and chill until set. Meanwhile, combine sour cream and mayonnaise; refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, unmold gelatin and top each serving with dollop of dressing. Garnish with celery leaves. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Molded Cranberry Nut Salad
Sort By :
Last holiday season I froze bags of fresh cranberries, but I never got around to using them. Knowing that they would go to waste if I didn't find a way to use them, I looked for a recipe. I decided on this one, and boy! was it a hit. My family exclaimed that it was Christmas in July! It is especially refreshing in hot weather so it doesn't have to be saved for cold weather holidays. I served it with barbecue!