Molasses Sugar Cookies Recipe
There's nothing really fancy about these cookies, but they're my husband's all-time favorite. He enjoys their chewy, comforting flavor and the childhood memories they bring back.
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugar and molasses. Add egg; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves and ginger; add to sugar mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in additional sugar. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until tops are cracked and edges are set. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Molasses Sugar Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p45
Reviews for Molasses Sugar Cookies(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review