Molasses Steak Sandwiches Recipe
Molasses adds a sweetness to this sandwich which will make it special enough to serve at any get-together.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, mix molasses, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon oil and mustard. Add steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- 2. Drain beef, discarding marinade. Brush mushrooms with remaining oil. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Grill mushrooms, covered, 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Remove steaks and mushrooms from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Grill rolls, cut side down, for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cut mushrooms and steaks into slices. Serve in rolls with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC