Molasses adds a sweetness to this sandwich which will make it special enough to serve at any get-together.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix molasses, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon oil and mustard. Add steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Brush mushrooms with remaining oil. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Grill mushrooms, covered, 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Remove steaks and mushrooms from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- Grill rolls, cut side down, for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cut mushrooms and steaks into slices. Serve in rolls with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Molasses Steak Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p203
Reviews for Molasses Steak Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review